here is a balance between what seems to conserve the memory – urban and environmental level – and the manifest control of the new real estate developments in this central area of Mexico City. In exchange for that, an effort expressed in the work done for the preservation of the most elemental of the so-called “Heart of the Countess” is achieved: a new city postulate. Located between Cuernavaca and Atlixco streets, occupying two thirds of the corresponding block over Juan de la Barrera, the complex developed by JSa Promotora is in a region that expresses the artistic heritage, public space, housing and architectural postulates of professionals in construction.
The functionalist movement in modern architecture -introduced in Mexico thanks to architects such as Mario Pani and Juan O ‘Gorman-, and the art deco style -impregnated in the nation by artists such as Juan Segura and Francisco J. Serrano-, have monopolized the capital of the country to some of the most important characters in the development of real estate projects. Both currents, belonging to the decades of 1920 and 1930, served as the advance in the creation of a key architectural heritage in the foundations of Mexico City as an urban monument raised at the point of accumulation of neighborhoods as if economic clusters were . The works that are categorized under their dogmas are very appreciated by contemporary researchers due to the concepts expressed in their buildings, some as the following: dynamism of their surfaces, canopies adorned with medallions or prefabricated frets, impeccable facades, diversity of textures, motifs in each of its finishes, and respect for rhythm and geometric issues.